An open rhinoplasty involves making a small incision in the skin between the nostrils, called the columella, which can be perfect for patients seeking a more refined degree of correction.
Why Consider Open Rhinoplasty?
When you visit our Bethesda, Maryland offices and meet with Dr. Porter before your surgery, she’ll help you understand the various rhinoplasty techniques that we offer, and will help you understand which choice is right for you. Her extensive knowledge of various rhinoplasty techniques will enable her to customize your procedure to your unique goals and physical characteristics, so you’ll enjoy bespoke results that are tailored directly to your cosmetic vision.
You’ll love open rhinoplasty if you’re interested in:
- Making more significant changes to the size, shape, or projection of your nose
- More accurate and precise changes
- A more directly customized surgical plan, allowing for more extensive enhancement
- A functional correction that improves your breathing ability
- The correction of nasal asymmetry
- Enhanced structural support for your nose