Dr. Jennifer Parker Porter is a board-certified specialist in facial plastic surgery. She and her team at Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgery are committed to aesthetic improvement and rejuvenation, which is why she relies on modern, proven, and effective techniques like platelet rich plasma to support her patients’ goals. If you’ve been interested in this amazing treatment technique to rejuvenate your skin and are wondering how much time each PRP session will take, keep reading as we fill you in on all the details.
What is Platelet Rich Plasma?
For more than 20 years, platelet rich plasma has been used across all sorts of medical disciplines in Washington, DC. From sports medicine and orthopedics to plastic surgery, platelet-rich plasma has been proven to promote wound healing.
Dr. Porter’s platelet rich plasma patients can expect to experience improvements in their skin where PRP is placed. Men and women with facial skin concerns such as scars and pigmentation changes can expect significant improvement after several sessions. Additionally, platelet rich plasma injections encourage hair growth when injected directly into the scalp of hair restoration patients.
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatments
At Dr. Porter’s office, platelet rich plasma treatments are a simple and straightforward process.
- First, we will draw your blood for processing
- Next, we will separate the plasma from the blood using the Eclipse PRP® system
- Depending on your needs and where you will be having platelet rich plasma placed, Dr. Porter may recommend using microneedling for best results. If you are choosing to use platelet rich plasma for hair restoration, she will inject it directly into the scalp.
- Additionally, if you are having hair restoration treatments, Dr. Porter will use a medical chiller from Zimmer Aesthetics to numb the site beforehand. Desensitizing the area makes the experience much more comfortable for her Washington, DC patients.
Most of our Washington, DC-area patients are finished with their entire platelet rich plasma treatment in 30 minutes to one hour, which includes the blood draw, PRP processing, and injections. Microneedling typically adds more time to the process.
Who Can Benefit From Platelet Rich Plasma Treatments?
Almost every patient Dr. Porter sees can benefit from platelet rich plasma treatments, as it is not a difficult process. However, there are some circumstances that could pose a problem. Patients who are taking blood thinning medications, or who have a condition that affects their blood platelet count such as thrombocytopenia, should be sure to communicate these facts to Dr. Porter. Every patient should tell Dr. Porter about their entire health and medical history so she can determine the best course of action for their platelet rich plasma treatment options.
Washington, DC men and women who have the following conditions, would be good candidates for PRP treatments:
- Scarring, including scars left over from acne
- Dark undereye circles
- Sagging skin
- Deep creases
- Hair thinning or hair loss
Call Today to Book Your First PRP Appointment With Washington, DC’s Dr. Porter
If you’re ready to start benefitting from the amazing healing properties of platelet rich plasma, call Dr. Porter’s office to schedule your initial appointment. With more than 20 years of experience, she has the skill and expertise to know how to give you the aesthetic results you’re looking for.
Call (301) 652-8191 today!