Facelift surgery addresses excess skin, skin laxity, and jowling, restoring youthfulness and definition to features in the lower face and neck. Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgery emphasizes natural-looking outcomes and minimal scarring in these procedures: rejuvenation rather than alteration.
Patients in Washington, DC, Maryland, and Northern Virginia choose CCFPS for expert care and a supportive experience. Dr. Jennifer Parker Porter has over 20 years in practice and holds dual certification with the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and the American Board of Otolaryngology. She also serves as a faculty member with Georgetown University Hospital’s Department of Head and Neck Surgery.
Through a skillful and detail-focused facelift procedure, Dr. Porter can restore a firm and youthful appearance to a patient’s lower face and neck. Comprehensive knowledge of facial anatomy and aesthetic ideals promote results that are attractive, in harmony with other features, and in line with each person’s goals.
The Benefits of a Facelift
Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgery provides a wide array of treatments that help Washington, DC-area patients look more youthful. Among these solutions, facelift surgery is the option that offers the highest degree of rejuvenation.
If extra skin, loose skin, and excess tissue beneath your jawline are aging your appearance, you may be a good candidate for a facelift. The procedure provides significantly more tightening than you can achieve even with the most advanced non-surgical options. Dr. Porter can also combine a facelift with other surgeries to restore your facial features more comprehensively. These include:
CCFPS and Your Care
Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgery is a specialty practice, meaning that the majority of our procedures are dedicated to facial rejuvenation. Dr. Porter has years of experience in these treatments and surgeries, and she prioritizes the safety, comfort, and natural appearance of those in her care. With facelift surgery, she uses techniques that minimize scarring, with the goal of achieving results that look like the patient’s younger self.
As part of your initial consultation at our Washington, DC-area office:
- You and Dr. Porter will spend extensive time discussing the facial features that you would like to change.
- You will have a physical examination and review your medical history to ensure that you are a good candidate for facelift surgery.
- Porter will explain the procedure and the results you may be able to achieve. Establishing reasonable expectations is very important to our practice and to ensuring your satisfaction.
Once you receive medical clearance from your primary care physician, you will return to CCFPS for a preoperative visit. We will provide you with a kit that has items to make your recovery safer and more comfortable as well as postoperative instructions and answers to any questions you may have.
Treatment With Facelift
Dr. Porter performs all surgeries at the Suburban Outpatient Surgery Center in Bethesda or at Georgetown University Hospital in Washington, DC. On the day of your procedure:
- Porter will prepare you for surgery and the nurses will escort you to the operating room.
- You will receive either sedation or general anesthesia; you and Dr. Porter will discuss this anesthetic protocol as part of your consultation.
- Small drains and a head wrap will be placed to speed the healing process.
- After you wake up from surgery, you will spend about an hour in the recovery room.
Expect to take off from work and your normal routine for 10-14 days following a facelift. Dr. Porter will advise you about homecare, which will include monitoring your drains and sleeping with your head elevated. You will be able to eat a normal diet and be on your feet after surgery.
We will ask you to return to CCFPS at different points during your recovery:
- One day after surgery, we will typically remove the drains and place a more lightweight wrap.
- After 7-10 days, Dr. Porter will take out the sutures. You may have some light bruising and swelling around your ears.
- We will see you back at CCFPS one month post-op to ensure you are healing as expected.
After you have fully recovered, you should see the complete benefits of your facelift: more youthful features and a firmer, more well-defined appearance in your lower face and neck.
Find out more about facelift surgery and other aesthetic procedures through our practice. Contact CCFPS online for a consultation or call our Washington, DC-area office at (301) 652-8191.