BOTOX® is a popular and proven approach to reducing wrinkles in motion, which may appear when you make certain facial expressions. At Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgery, we use Botox® to address signs of aging in the brow and eye areas as well as other trouble-spots like:
- Bunny lines around the nose.
- Perioral wrinkles (smoker’s lines) at the corners of the mouth.
- Square jawlines due to prominent muscles.
Our Washington, DC, Maryland, and Northern Virginia patients receive their care from a board-certified expert in facial plastic surgery. Dr. Jennifer Parker Porter manages consultations and performs Botox® treatments for all of our patients to promote predictable and effective results.
The Benefits of Botox®
Facial lines may appear in areas like your forehead, between your brows, and at the corners of your eyes when you smile, frown, or make other expressions. These lines can become more prominent with increased sun exposure and natural aging. Eventually, they may remain on your face regardless of your expression. This can cause you to look older than you actually are or more tired than you actually feel.
Treatment with Botox® offers Washington, DC-area patients a variety of benefits:
- Get a more youthful and rested appearance after a single appointment. Alternatives such as chemical peels and HydraFacial MD may require multiple applications without offering the same level of rejuvenation.
- Receive comfortable and non-invasive care. Our practice makes the process simple and straightforward, and Dr. Porter brings a high degree of skill to the procedure that makes the experience very manageable.
- See improvement with no downtime. Botox® lets you return to your normal activities immediately after your visit.
Dysport as an Alternative to Botox®
Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgery also offers patients Dysport®, a product that acts in a similar manner to Botox®. In Dr. Porter’s experience, Dysport™can provide a few advantages over Botox®:
- It tends to have a quicker onset of action.
- Patients with extensive lines in the areas of the crow’s feet can expect excellent results.
- Dysport™ doesn’t flatten the muscle as much as Botox® and keeps the skin from taking on a shiny appearance.
As part of your initial consultation, Dr. Porter will analyze your face and recommend which neurotoxin will be best for you. She frequently she uses a combination of Botox® and Dysport™so that she can target wrinkles as effectively as possible.
CCFPS and Your Care
As with other facial cosmetic procedures that we offer Washington, DC-area patients, our goal with Botox® is to provide a more youthful appearance while preserving a natural aesthetic. Typically, Dr. Porter uses a conservative application of Botox® to a broader area, reducing signs of aging and allowing patients to retain natural expression.
We want your results to be everything you hoped they would be, and so we generally ask patients to come back two weeks after treatment so that Dr. Porter can evaluate the results. Seeing the degree of improvement will let her know how to optimize treatment in future sessions should you continue to receive Botox®.
Download Our Tox2GO App
Planning Botox® appointments with our office is easy. Outside of her work in private practice, Dr. Porter is also the creator of Tox2GO, a mobile app that simplifies treatment by letting you schedule your visit and communicate the target areas prior to your arrival. You’ll also be eligible to receive discounts on future Botox® injections. Download Tox2GO in the App store.
Treatment with Botox®
During your consultation, you and Dr. Porter will talk about your areas of concern and the type of results you want to see. These discussions are great for getting to know your individual preferences; patients often realize that they have a specific idea of the amount of movement they want in their features, in the degree of an eyebrow’s arch, and so on.
Most of our Washington, DC-area patients describe the experience of getting Botox® as quick and easy:
- As an expert in facial aesthetic procedures, Dr. Porter a lot of care in the placement of her injections. This leads to more predictable outcomes.
- The process takes about five minutes.
- You can return to normal activities afterward.
Our Washington, DC-area patients usually have treatment with Botox® every three months in their first year. This tends to increase the overall window of effectiveness, and by the second year, most people get the same benefit with treatments every four to five months. As a result, you should see significantly smoother features and a reduction in dynamic lines and wrinkles.
Botox® can improve a variety of aesthetic issues and signs of aging. Schedule a consultation by contacting CCFPS online or by phone in the Washington, DC area at (301) 652-8191.