When it comes to facial rejuvenation, nothing creates smoother, softer skin than your body’s own resources. At Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgery, we can utilize platelet-rich plasma (PRP) along with your skin rejuvenation treatments in order to maximize your results with no downtime.
Located in Bethesda, Maryland, Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgery is led by board-certified facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon Dr. Jennifer Porter. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and find out how treatment with PRP can help restore natural health and beauty to your skin.
What is PRP?
One of the most popular treatments in the cosmetic market, PRP has been used in several areas of medicine for several years for its ability to regenerate tissues and aid in healing damaged or injured areas. PRP is created using a multi-step process:
- A small sample of blood is extracted from the patient and run through a sterile centrifuge process.
- The blood is separated into its separate components, infusing the liquid portion of the blood, or plasma, with more platelets than normal.
- While platelets are mostly responsible for clotting the blood, they also contain several growth factors that aid in generating new tissues and skin.
How is PRP Used?
At Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgery, we utilize PRP in conjunction with our micro-needling treatments. After the skin is gently needled and exfoliated using our Eclipse MicroPen™ or DermaPen™ systems, the prepared PRP is applied topically. As micro-needling opens up the skin and significantly improves its absorption abilities, it is able to most effectively absorb PRP after this treatment.
Once fully absorbed into the skin, PRP begins to “heal” treated areas in multiple ways:
- New collagen and elastin are created, gradually improving the strength, structure, and flexibility.
- Fresh, new skin cells are generated to resurface treated areas and reduce the appearance of skin imperfections
- PRP can also improve circulation within the skin, restoring a more youthful glow to dull, aging skin.
Is PRP Safe?
As PRP utilizes your body’s own resources, the risks of allergic reaction, infection, or disease transmission are significantly lower than with other rejuvenation treatments. Patients who have certain autoimmune or blood disorders may require further evaluation before treatment is approved.
When Will I See Results?
PRP is not a quick fix for skin imperfections, but over the course of several weeks, most patients notice visibly smoother and softer skin. With regular treatment at Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgery and a good skincare regimen, your results can be long-lasting. During your consultation, our medical team will listen to your aesthetic concerns and create a treatment plan to achieve your goals.
Contact Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgery today to schedule a consultation and find out how PRP can help improve the look and feel of your skin safely and effectively.